Meckcom Acceptable Use Policy
If you have any questions that fall outside of the subjects covered, please feel free to contact our staff at your convenience for further clarification.
IF YOU DO NOT COMPLETELY AGREE WITH THIS ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY, DISCONTINUE THE USE OF YOUR ACCOUNT IMMEDIATELY AND CONTACT MECKCOM TO MAKE ARRANGEMENTS TO CANCEL YOUR ACCOUNT.
Users of Meckcom agree to abide by this acceptable use policy by continued use of the system and by their subscription to the system.
Acceptable Use PolicyMeckcom is not responsible for:
Unsolicited Emailing "SPAM"
Meckcom will investigate complaints regarding e-mail and may, in its sole discretion, take action based on the rules below. If an e-mail message is found to violate one of the policies below, or to contain unlawful material, as described in other sections of this policy, Meckcom may take action as outlined.
Newsgroups Acceptable/Unacceptable Use And Disclaimer
Meckcom uses newsgroups provided by Newsfeeds.com, which has its own Disclaimer about what is allowed and not allowed on its news servers. Everyone that uses the news servers agrees to use them in accordance to their (Newsfeeds.com) Acceptable Use Policy, which is below (as provided by Newsfeeds.com):
Newsfeeds.com Terms of Service (please read this entire document before you access the news servers)
- The content of all discussion groups (a.k.a. “newsgroups”), including without limitation, the descriptions of discussion groups and the content within a specific article posted in a group, is provided by and is the full and sole responsibility of the creator of the discussion group, or the person posting the article, respectively. Newsfeeds.com has NO responsibility for such content and is merely a conduit of articles traveling across Usenet. Usenet in general, is a public discussion and posting forum, similar to the world wide web, which is also available to the public. Newsfeeds.com does not control, condone, or censor Usenet and its content in any way.
- All articles posted on our servers are pushed to the servers via our upstream providers, some of which are large international corporations. Newsfeeds.com receives well over 2 million articles per day, and it is impossible for us or any other corporation running a Usenet server to moderate newsgroups. At this point, there are no state or federal laws that require any ISP or Usenet provider to moderate Usenet newsgroups.
By its very nature, Usenet groups may carry very offensive, harmful, inaccurate or otherwise inappropriate material, or in some cases, postings that have been mislabeled, or are deceptive in another way. We expect that you will use caution and common sense and exercise proper judgment when using Usenet, as well as use the service at your own risk.
- Again, we must emphasize that it is impossible for us or any other Usenet service provider to police hundreds of thousands of articles that pass through our servers on a daily basis. Any article that passes through our servers and its content is the SOLE RESPONSIBILITY of the person who posted the article or created the newsgroup.
- * Newsfeeds.com does not produce any content that passes through or can be found on our servers.
- * Newsfeeds.com does not publish or distribute any content that passes through or can be found on our servers. What we mean when we say “publish or distribute” is that we DO NOT extract pictures or programs from Usenet for redistribution by various means, such as putting them on CD-ROM or making slide shows, or putting them in zip files and making them available for download.
- * Newsfeeds.com does not condone, nor support users posting copyrighted or illegal content to Usenet. If you discover an article that contains any copyrighted or illegal content, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or submit a support request at http://www.newsfeeds.com/support.htm. We will then remove the offending article IMMEDIATELY, and forward any and all relevant information to the appropriate federal law enforcement authorities.
Please not that the name of a newsgroup is not illegal in nature and does not necessarily imply that inappropriate or illegal activity occurs in it. However, we do encourage our customers to exercise caution and discretion when viewing and posting to all Usenet newsgroups. All content, without limitation, is provided by and is the sole responsibility of the person posting the content. We expect all customers to abide by Usenet etiquette, copyright laws, and civil and criminal laws.
CONDITIONS OF USE
I understand that I may only enter this site, and/or use its services, if I agree to all of the following terms. If I do not agree to all of the terms, I must exit now.
I understand the standards and laws of the community, site, and computer to which I am transporting this material, and I am solely responsible for my actions. I understand that posting of illegal media is prohibited and that violators will be banned from the Newsfeeds.com servers immediately. Any abuse issues can be reported here.
COPYRIGHT AND RESPONSIBILITY
I agree to not sell, redistribute, or copy in any way the contents of any of the Newsfeeds.com sites. I will not allow anyone to use my username and/or password. If I do post to the servers, I do so at my own risk. Any copyright issues can be reported here.
Posting ability is a privilege, not a right. Your posting access may be suspended at any time without notice at the discretion of our abuse department. If you are unable to post and believe that your access may have been revoked, you may send email to email@example.com with your account information. They will inform you if your posting access has been revoked and the reason. If it has, and you feel this was done in error, please contact us and explain the situation. Our abuse department will then investigate and inform you of their decision in an email. The decision of the abuse department is final and NO refunds will be granted due to inability to post after your posting access has been blocked. You will still have the ability to read articles, however.
Newsfeeds.com has a zero-tolerance policy for the following activities, and performing any of them will cause permanent suspension of your posting ability. These activities include, but are not limited to:
- Spamming: Advertising that is not welcome in the group where it was posted. If you do spam, you may be billed for the cleanup costs (at the discretion of the Newsfeeds.com management) at the rate of $200.00 USD per hour, plus any collections and/or attorney's fees incurred in the collection of this fee.
- Flooding: Attempting to take over a newsgroup by flooding it with your posts.
- Trolling: Harassing or annoying other newsgroup users repeatedly.
- Copyright Infringement: Posting anything that is not in the public domain and that you do not own the rights to. This is a serious crime carrying serious legal consequences!
- Posting Illegal Content: Posting anything that is not legal in the United States.
- Posting Off-Topic: Posting something that does not belong in that newsgroup, as indicated by its charter or FAQ article.
- Crossposting: Posting the same article to more than three newsgroups is prohibited. The article posted must be on-topic for each group it is posted to.
- Harassment/Cyberstalking: Threatening or provoking confrontation with another party, causing fear for one’s personal safety. Posting anyone's personal information such as phone numbers, addresses, social security numbers, etc. without that person's prior consent also falls under this category. Report abuse issues here.
I will not attempt to bypass any security and/or access features of this site.
If I use these services in violation of this agreement, I understand I may be in violation of local, federal and or civil laws. I agree to be responsible for all legal fees and loss of any income that I owe to the providers, owners, Corporate Officers, and/or creators of this site as a result of my activities. I understand that my membership will be canceled without notice or refund in such situations.
USE OF INFORMATION
I will not use or provide any information about or contained within this site against the providers, owners, Corporate Officers, and/or creators of this site in any type of action, legal or otherwise.
Accounts are intended for personal use only. Commercial use is prohibited without prior written authorization from Newsfeeds.com.
WARNING GENERAL DISCLAIMER
Newsfeeds.com, (hereinafter "Newsfeeds.com") and the owners of Newsfeeds.com, do not represent nor endorse the accuracy or reliability of any of the information, content, or advertisements (collectively, the "Material") contained on, distributed through, or linked, downloaded, or accessed from any of the services contained on this website (collectively, the "Service"). Newsfeeds.com also does not represent nor endorse the quality of any products, information, or other materials displayed, purchased, or obtained by you as a result of an advertisement or any other information or offer in, or in connection with Newsfeeds.com (collectively, the "Products"). You hereby acknowledge that any reliance upon any Material shall be at your own risk. Newsfeeds.com reserves the right, but is not obligated to nor does it accept any responsibility for refusing to, in its sole discretion to make improvements to, or correct any errors or omissions in any portion of the Service or Material contained in Newsfeeds.com.
THE SERVICE AND THE MATERIAL AND THE PRODUCTS ARE PROVIDED BY Newsfeeds.com ON AN "AS IS' BASIS, AND Newsfeeds.com EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WITH RESPECT TO THE MATERIAL AND PRODUCTS AND SERVICES. IN NO EVENT SHALL Newsfeeds.com BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICE, MATERIAL, AND PRODUCTS.
This web site or the servers associated with it may contain material that some people may find offensive or inappropriate. In some communities, the contents may be deemed to violate the community's norms or mores. If you believe that you will find the content to be offensive, inappropriate, or in violation of your community's norms or mores, then you must stop viewing the contents immediately and go to a non-offensive web site.
It is also possible that some material may be inaccurate, wrong, and defamatory in nature.
Newsfeeds.com does not review the material that is posted nor exert any editorial control over the material. As such, Newsfeeds.com acts merely as a forum for the expression of ideas, thoughts, and information, similar to the way that a public square could be the forum for discussion of ideas, thoughts, and information.
Newsfeeds.com is not responsible for any inaccurate, wrong, offensive, inappropriate, or defamatory material that is contained herein. Newsfeeds.com is also not responsible for any material that violates a community's norms or mores. Newsfeeds.com expects and demands that users comply with all federal, state, and local laws when using this web site and when posting content to the web site and refrain from violating those laws. If a person is unsure whether or not a posting will violate a law, that person is urged to contact the Electronic Freedom Foundation or an attorney prior to posting the information, document, or other type of content. Newsfeeds.com can not enforce the laws of each locality, state, and even federal laws for all material that is posted to this site. As such, Newsfeeds.com is not responsible for the content of this site.
If, as a result of a user's actions, postings, statements, or other activity, Newsfeeds.com is named as a defendant in a lawsuit, threatened with legal action, has a legal judgment issued against it, or incurs expense to defend itself, then the user shall indemnify Newsfeeds.com for all expenses incurred by Newsfeeds.com to protect or defend itself, or otherwise respond to the problem. Furthermore, the user shall hold Newsfeeds.com harmless for the user's actions, postings, statements, or other activity. These actions, postings, statements or other activity could include, but are not limited to, defamation, libel, intentional infliction of emotional distress, copyright infringement, trademark infringement, theft of a trade secret, economic espionage, and transmission of pornographic material.
The sponsors of Newsfeeds.com are separate legal entities and are not related to Newsfeeds.com. The sponsors are not responsible for any actions, postings, statements, or other activities of a user. The user shall hold harmless and indemnify the sponsors of Newsfeeds.com in any lawsuit, dispute, or other legal action should the lawsuit, dispute, or other legal action result from a user's actions, postings, statements, or other activity.
By entering this web site or by clicking on any of the links within this web site, I will have released and discharged the providers, owners, Corporate Officers and or creators of this site from any and all liability which might arise.
If you have any questions about anything listed in this disclaimer please direct them to our support form.
Subscription Requirements and Payment Options
You must be at least 18 years of age or older to establish a
Meckcom Internet account. Personal and billing information cannot be taken from
anyone other than the person(s) establishing the account.
All customers who sign-up for a Meckcom Internet account are subject to credit check and approval by Meckcom.
Meckcom does not issue refunds for unused Internet Access. Written notification of disconnection is the responsibility of the customer and is required prior to the start of the next billing cycle. Such notice can be mailed to Meckcom, PO Box 511, South Boston, VA 24592 or emailed to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Disconnection requests taken over the phone are not valid and will not be honored. Non-use of service is not considered to be equivalent to cancellation.
It is the sole responsibility of the person(s) establishing the account with Meckcom to determine if the dial-up number will cause you to incur long-distance, toll, or any other charges on your phone bill. Meckcom is in no way responsible for long-distance, toll, or other charges on your phone bill.
If you are currently using Meckcom and do not agree to any one of these terms and conditions of above, then you need to contact Meckcom and disconnect your service immediately.
P.O. Box 511
South Boston, VA 24592
Phone (434) 570-1766
Toll Free 1-888-886-3007
Fax (434) 572-1981
Copyright 2005, Meckcom. All rights reserved.